Many of us don’t get the daily-recommended servings of fruits and vegetables that we should. In this cold press juicer review, we will show you the results of our latest research.
Sometimes it can feel like a struggle to consume enough with many of us leading busy lives and not much time to haul around bags of fruit and veggies with us throughout the day. A cold press juicer will give you the ability to increase your nutrient intake in an efficient way.
Juice is portable, easily fits in the cup holder of your car and can be easier to transport than fresh fruit, which can bruise easily. If you are looking for a simple and delicious way to increase your intake of healthy foods, a cold press juicer may be a great option.
Pressed Juice Machine Buying Guid
$ – Under $150
$$ – $150-$300
$$$ – $300-$600
$$$$ – Above $600
Cold Press and Masticating 101
Cold press juicers, also known as masticating juicers, get their name from the process by which they extract juice from fruits and veggies. They work by slowly, yet powerfully, crushing food to separate the liquid from the pulp.
Because these juicers work slowly, there is little heat from friction, maintaining much of the foods nutrients and enzymes. The motor strength of these machines ensure that every drop of juice is extracted giving you more bang for your buck at the grocery store.
Cold press juicers operate differently than the centrifugal type, which spins foods around in a chamber at very high speeds. Because of this violent motion the centrifugal type of juicers are not able to juice as many types of foods as a cold press juicer, making the cold press a much more useful kitchen tool.
Because of the slow, powerful crushing, cold press juicers are able to process leafy greens very efficiently and work well for juicing kale, spinach.
They also can process nuts to make milk such as almond or cashew milk. Another added bonus, cold press juicers are quiet, so no need to worry about waking the whole house up just to make a glass of juice the way you would with a blender or centrifugal juicer.
Here are the most highly rated cold press juicers available today.
BEST COLD PRESS JUICER ON THE MARKET
The Super Angel Deluxe is our favorite cold press juicer out there. If you enjoy the finer things and never want to have to replace a broken juicer, this is the model for you. It is an investment piece that will pay you back for years to come. The Super Angel Deluxe is a twin-gear masticating juicer built like to last. This unit has all high-grade stainless steel parts, is relatively easy to clean, and operates quietly. This juicer is a dream.
- 82 RPM
- AUTOMATIC COOLING SYSTEM SENSES WHEN THE MOTOR IS CLOSE TO OVERHEATING
- MEASURES APPROXIMATELY 19.5 X 7.8 X 10.5 INCHES
- 3 HORSEPOWER TWIN GEAR GRINDING FORCE
- AUTOMATIC REVERSE FUNCTION WHEN JAMMING
- DELUXE MODEL INCLUDES SOFT FRUIT ATTACHMENT
- QUIET OPERATION
- 10-YEAR WARRANTY ON MOTOR AND GEARS; 5-YEAR WARRANTY ON WEAR-AND-TEAR
This easy to use cold press juicer features a powerful motor and is rated a #1 best seller on Amazon.com. This juicer can process nuts into nut butters, grind spices and coffee or puree homemade baby food, making this a very versatile option for home use. It utilizes a dual stage juice processing system, to extract the maximum amount of juice from the pulp. Because of its slow but powerful crushing motor, it can juice vegetables, leafy greens and wheat grass that have a smaller amount of liquid.
- DIMENSIONS: 14.5 X 6.5 X 15.5 INCHES
- 80 RPM MOTOR
- AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE COLORS
- AUTOMATIC PULP-EJECTION SYSTEM
- 15 YEAR WARRANTY
BEST CHEAP SLOW JUICER
The VonShef Masticating Juicer is a great value for the price. It was tough to find a cold press juicer in the sub-$100 price range. The reviews are mixed, but like with many things you get what you pay for. If you are going to be an occasional juicer, this machine should suit your needs, however if you want to juice frequently, you might want to spend more on a higher quality machine. This VonShef juicer can handle leafy greens and nuts. For the price, this is a great juicer.
- 80 RPM
- MEASURES APPROXIMATELY 13.5 X 13.1 X 7.6 INCHES
- 150 WATTS AND 2 SPEED SETTINGS PLUS REVERSE SETTING
- DIGITAL DISPLAY
- PARTS ARE DISHWASHER SAFE
Pros and Cons of Cold Press Juicers
- Cold press juicers are very quiet.
- Very little heat created to maintain more nutrients like vitamin A and C.
- Nutrients retained for longer, up to 48 hours when kept in the fridge.
- They are efficient and extract between 35-55% more juice than other types of juicers.
- Strong enough to process leafy greens and nuts
- The juice is more portable than many fruits and veggies.
- While some options can process frozen fruits to make sorbet, these machines are not juicers and cannot make smoothies.
- Because of the strength of the motor, most can only be operated for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- The process of juicing may be tedious for some, often washing the fruit and cleaning of the machine afterwards takes longer than the juicing process itself.
- The price point for many cold press juicers may be higher than the centrifugal counterparts
A cold press juicer is a very handy kitchen appliance. They make healthy juices to ensure getting your daily intake of essential nutrients easier and more delicious. You can create more nutritious dessert sorbets or freshly process your own nut butter for a great alternative to expensive store bought options that can contain additives.
As you begin using your new pressed juice machine, don’t be afraid of a little prep work, and remember to leave yourself some time to clean your juicer. Keeping these in mind will ensure you don’t have a frustrating experience. This is an investment in your health in terms of both time and money.
All in all, If you are looking for a piece of kitchen equipment that is versatile and can allow you to make delicious juices, nut butters, pates, and sorbets a cold press juicer may be just right for you.